Tilapia Sandwich with Spinach Basil Pesto is one of the hot sandwiches that we like to eat and my kids always claim for it. A delicious sandwich made with a grilled Tilapia and tasty pesto.
I like to add to it, depending on the season, some slice of tomatoes. This gives some nice moisture and color to the sandwich.
When the sandwich is ready I recommend slicing this in two. It will be easier to eat with this kind of bread.
Tilapia Sandwich with Spinach Basil Pesto
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 lime
- 1 onion finely cut in slice
- Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- shredded Swiss cheese
Spinach basil pesto recipe:
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- one garlic clove, peeled (removed garlic germ)
- fresh lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- In a blender, pulse baby spinach, basil, garlic, salt, pepper until finely chopped. With the blender still running, add a squeeze of lemon juice and gradually enough oil to form a smooth and thick consistency. Lastly, add the Parmesan. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Preheat oven to 380 F.
- Sprinkle each Tilapia filets with some salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and a little squeeze of lime. Heat a pan with some oil in it. When it is warm put the Tilapia and let the fish cook until lightly brown on each side. Put aside.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally. On each slice of bread spread some spinach basil pesto. On the bottom slice, put slices of onions, a little bit of Swiss cheese, some Tilapia filets, and the remaining bread slice on top. Press a little bit.
- Put the four sandwiches on a stone pizza or cookie sheet and cook for about 15 min.
- Remove from the oven and cut them in half. I like to serve them with a salad on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply