I love cheese, especially cheese with strong taste. Goat cheese is one of my favorite and it pairs very well with spinach. My family enjoyed to eat this spinach and goat cheese tart with salad on the side to have a complete dinner.
This is a veggie pie, but on mine, I put some left over ham.
Tip: From experience, to prevent the pie crust collapsing during the cooking, I prefer to put the pie pan with the pie crust into the fridge a few minutes before I add the filling, so the edge of the pie crust hardens.
- 1 pie crust sheet
- 1 lb (16oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 7 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp dried raisins
- 2 eggs
- 15 cl heavy whipped cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven 360 F.
- Unroll the pie crust and precisely fit it a pie pan. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Then put the pie in the fridge.
- Put the thawed spinach in a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, mash cheese with a fork in a bowl.
- Squeeze the spinach well in your hands to remove any water.
- Take out the pie crust from the fridge and spread the spinach on the pie.
- Sprinkle raisins and cover with cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, flavor with nutmeg and pour into the pie.
- Bake for about 35 min.
- Once the pie is baked, remove from the oven and enjoy with a salad.