This post is also available in: Français
The chicken has a beautiful crispy skin and flavor, after dipped in the mustard apple cider mix, and deliciously enhances the dish with the rosemary herbs.
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces or 4-6 thighs or 8 chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 to 4 gold potatoes, (optional: my husband do not like sweets potatoes)
- 2 shallots
- 2 apples (if organic do not peel them)
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut the whole chicken into pieces. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Salt each piece on both sides.
- Peel the sweet and gold potatoes and slice them into ⅓-inch rounds. Peel the shallots and cut into 4 wedges. Cut the apples into 8 wedges. Place all of this on a sheet pan, add cranberries, and rosemary, toss with olive oil and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together: ½ tsp of the salt, the vinegar, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the brown sugar, mustard, and red pepper flakes. Take each piece of chicken and dip it into the sauce and place it skin-side up on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of about 160°F and the potatoes are tender. Take the pan out of the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.