This post is also available in: Français
The chicken has a beautiful crispy skin and flavor, after dipped in the mustard apple cider mix, and deliciously enhances the dish with the rosemary herbs.
Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken with Potatoes, Apples, and Cranberries
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces or 4-6 thighs or 8 chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 to 4 gold potatoes, (optional: my husband do not like sweets potatoes)
- 2 shallots
- 2 apples (if organic do not peel them)
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut the whole chicken into pieces. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Salt each piece on both sides.
- Peel the sweet and gold potatoes and slice them into ⅓-inch rounds. Peel the shallots and cut into 4 wedges. Cut the apples into 8 wedges. Place all of this on a sheet pan, add cranberries, and rosemary, toss with olive oil and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together: ½ tsp of the salt, the vinegar, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the brown sugar, mustard, and red pepper flakes. Take each piece of chicken and dip it into the sauce and place it skin-side up on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of about 160°F and the potatoes are tender. Take the pan out of the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.