Crumble is a quick and delicious British dessert that you can make any time of year with different combination of fruit. I love the buttery crunch of the crumble with the fruit and the lemon zest gives a little freshness.
This dessert can be eaten alone, but crumble becomes irresistible with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the top.
I prefer to use fresh fruit where they are in season but it is perfectly fine to use frozen fruit. You do not need to defrost them. You can eat this dessert at any temperature.
Mixed Berry Crumble
- 130 g flour (you can substitute ¼ cup of flour by oatmeal or almond flour)
- 110 g butter (cut into little cubes)
- 130 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 800 g mixed berry
- 1 lemon zest
- Put the flour, sugar, salt and butter in a medium bowl. Crumble the mixture between your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
- Wash fruit and cut the biggest in pieces (if you use frozen fruit you do not need to defrost them). Put them in an oven dish, sprinkle lemon zest and evenly cover all the fruit with the crumble mixture.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes until lightly golden and let it cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply