Who will resist to these pretty mini lemon coconut cakes? Not me.
These mini lemon coconut cakes are soft and delicious. I particularly like the combination of flavors of exotic coconut and the tangy taste given by the lemon.
I top my mini cakes with raspberries and sliced almonds. If you like you can add an icing made with the juice of one lemon and 150g of powdered sugar. Then count 3 to 4 hours to allow it to harden.
- 125 g butter
- 80 g sugar
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 eggs
- 50 g shredded Coconut unsweetened
- 80 g flour
- 30 g corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced almond
- Preheat oven at 360F.
- Beat soft butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Add the zest of lemon and its juice.
- Separate yolks from white. Add the yolks one by one to the previous preparation and the shredded coconut, then the flour, corn starch, and the baking powder sifted.
- Whisk the egg white with a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Add them delicately to the batter.
- Pour batter into 12 lined muffin tins with a ice cream scoop. Decorate with sliced almonds, raspberries, and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.