This post is also available in: Français
This simple Eggplant, Tomato, Mozzarella Tart to the Mediterranean scents and a taste of summer is fast and easy to make.
Perfect for an appetizer or a light dinner with a green salad and a glass of wine. All that’s missing is the song of the cicadas…
- 1 pâte brisée (pie crust)
- 1 eggplant sliced (1/8 inch) and grilled
- 3 tomatoes sliced (1/8 inch)
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh Mozzarella (1-2 balls) finely sliced well drained
- Herbes de Provence, Italian seasoning or Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper
- Unroll the pie crust and precisely fit it in a tart pan (11 inches). Poke the dough all over with a fork. Then put the pie in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brush each eggplant slice with olive oil, and put them in a hot pan until they turn a little brown then flip to the other side (to go faster I use two pans). When they are done put them on a plate with a paper towel and add a little salt, pepper to them.
- Remove your tart pan from the fridge. Cover the bottom of your tart with parmesan grated to your liking. Sprinkle some herbes de Provence, Italian seasoning or Oregano.
- Put evenly all over the tart the grilled eggplant. Do not overlap.
- Cover each slice of eggplant with a fine slice of Mozzarella.
- Top evenly with the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence (Italian seasoning or Oregano). Drizzle olive oil and top with more parmesan if you like (I did not put it).
- Cook for 20 - 25 minutes until the crust and cheese are lightly golden.
- Let it cool for about 10 min. before cutting.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle finely chopped basil on the tart.