This post is also available in: Français
I made this Easy Eggplant Sauce from scratch to mix with pasta and my family loved it.
The eggplant is roasted in a pan with a few garlic cloves and tomatoes. A touch of balsamic vinegar adds brightness to the sauce. This sauce is perfect to eat with pasta.
When serving, add some shaving parmesan on your plate.
I did not try it yet, but I am sure that you can use this Roasted Eggplant sauce as a dip or even a spread on crunchy bread.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves not peeled
- 10 basil leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp cane sugar
- coarse sea salt, pepper
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz Rigatoni (or your favorite pasta)
- In a pan, add 3 tbsp olive oil, eggplant cubes, garlic cloves (not peeled) and cook until the eggplant cubes are soft and light brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cherry tomatoes (or tomato cut into cubes) and cook just 2-3 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, cane sugar, and mix well so everything is well-coated. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove all the garlic cloves from the pan and peel them.
- In a food processor, put the eggplant mixture, the peeled garlic, basil leaves, a pinch of coarse sea salt and pepper. Pulse until almost pureed. Add olive oil (2-3 tbsp) and pulse again until the olive oil is incorporated.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add Rigatoni Pasta and cook for about 12 minutes or until al dente, stirring from time to time. Drain and put them in a serving bowl.
- Add the Roasted Eggplant sauce and mix well.
- Serve in a plate with some parmesan shavings.