This post is also available in: Français
This Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Curry Casserole is vegan, gluten-free, and delicious. It requires no extra preparation: just dump all the ingredients in a baking dish and voilà! Not much cleaning either! 👌
This dish is perfect for the back-to-school season. It is filling for a family, yet also healthy!
Chickpeas stand in for the protein and cauliflower florets and spinach add fiber and vitamins. As a result, the rice cooks perfectly (fluffy, not dry) and absorbs the flavorful mixture of curry powder, coconut milk, ginger, and garlic.
If you love Indian-style food you will not be disappointed by this Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Curry Casserole. My family enjoyed it even my little carnivore 😊. If you really need the meat, feel free to substitute the chickpeas with chicken.
How to make this Cauliflower Chickpea Curry Casserole in easy steps:
- Layer the rice, chickpea, and spinach in a dish.
- Mix the coconut milk, broth, and spices in a bowl.
- Pour the liquid all over your dish
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake just for 10 more minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes, sprinkle some cilantro, and enjoy!
MORE EASY MEAL IN ONE DISH YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken with Summer Squash
- Easy Sheet Pan Seafood Medley, Vegetables, and Rice
- Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken with Potatoes, Apples, and Cranberries
- Melted Red Pepper Chicken in Granite Ware Roaster
- Lamb Tagine in Granite Ware Roaster
Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Curry Casserole
- 1 baking dish (9×13 inches)
- 1½ cup Basmati rice rinsed
- 2-3 cup fresh baby spinach coarsely cut
- 1 can chickpea (15.5 oz) drained and rinsed
- 2 cup broth (vegetable)
- 2½ tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small head cauliflower or 1/2 cauliflower cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- ½ red onion (medium) finely sliced
- lime (optional)
- Preheat oven at 425 F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish (9×13 inches).
- Evenly spread the rice over the bottom of your dish. Add the chickpeas, then the spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk, broth, garlic, ginger, curry, and salt. Pour all over the dish.
- Spread the sliced onion and then the cauliflower florets on the top of the dish.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 min. or until the rice is cooked through and the vegetables are a little more golden.
- Let it cool for 5-10 min. before serving. Sprinkle some cilantro and lime juice (optional).