For a lunch this summer, I made this light and delicious curried sweet potato omelette from scratch. To save time, I decided to grate my sweet potatoes instead of dicing them as I usually do and I also decided to add curry.
As a result, my teen told me that I should make more food from scratch because it was really good. The curry gives a nice exotic flavor to my omelette and pairs really well with the sweet potatoes. My family and I also really enjoy the texture of the grated sweet potatoes.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- herbs (chives or cilantro or parsley)
- feta or other cheese that you like (optional)
- Peel and grate sweet potato (use a coarse grater).
- Peel the onion and dice it.
- Heat a pan with oil, add the onion and the grated sweet potato. Cook until the onion and sweet potato is tender. At the end, sprinkle salt, pepper, and curry. Mix and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs. Add the cooked onion, sweet potato and herbs. Mix well.
- In the same pan you cooked the vegetables add more oil and heat the pan. When the pan is hot add the vegetable-egg mixture and sprinkle the feta. Cook for a few minutes until the eggs are set.
- Then, place the pan under the broiler for a few minutes until the omelette is lightly golden. Keep an eye on it and be careful when you remove the pan from the oven as it is HOT.