This post is also available in: Français
With this capricious weather, I needed a comforting bread that would take me right away to the tropics 😀! The kitchen is the perfect place to travel in an instant right? In my closet, I found a coconut package that I left unused during the last holiday season. This idea of Coconut Lime Ginger Bread came up.
At first glance, the mix of coconut, lime, and ginger can seem a little strange. But in fact, the result was a pleasant surprise for my taste buds. All these ingredients pair very well together and give a fresh kick to this bread. I also added a shredded apple which adds more fluff and fiber to the cake.
This Coconut Lime Ginger Bread is a nice discovery if you are like me tasting some new flavors. My family really enjoyed the tangy and exotic blend too. They found it very light, delicious and is entirely different from the traditional loaves of bread that I previously made. They asked me to make another one because it is already gone too fast!
MORE BREAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Coconut Lime Ginger Bread 🥥🌴
- 3 eggs
- 120 g organic cane sugar
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g butter melted
- 1 organic lime zest and juice
- 1 organic apple grated (you do not need to peel the apple if it is organic)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 50 g organic shredded unsweetened coconut and more for the topping
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter and flour a 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5- inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, take the eggs, melted butter, and cane sugar and mix them well together by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Mix in the flour and the baking powder just enough to blend the flour (do not overmix). Scrape the bowl if needed.
- Add the lime juice, zest, the shredded coconut, the grated apple, ginger, and rum (optional). Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle some coconut on the top and bake for approximately 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before removing the cake from the mold, let it cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Wait until it has completely cooled before slicing.