This Chocolate Pudding is delicious and simple to make.
It is creamy and perfect in chocolate flavor. It reminds me one well known pudding in France “Danette” that you can find easily in most of store but this version of pudding is lighter because you have no heavy cream.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Slowly add the almond milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat while whisking constantly.
- Lower the heat to a simmer a few minutes until pudding begins to thicken, whisk time to time.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the butter and vanilla.
- Pour into one large bowl or 8 small serving bowls. Let them cool completely and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.