This post is also available in: Français
These past few days it has felt like spring in Atlanta. The flowers, the trees are blooming and with Easter, in the corner, the first idea that comes to mind is the rabbits which gave me the desire to make this Carrot Apple Hazelnut Bread.
I add carrots, apple, hazelnuts, and my own combination of spices make this Carrot Apple Hazelnut Bread, a great and healthy snack to enjoy anytime during the day. It is tender and tasty!
Well wrapped this bread will be preserved without problem for a few days.
Carrot Apple Hazelnut Bread
Yield 1 loaf
This Carrot Apple Hazelnut Bread is a great and healthy snack to enjoy anytime during the day. It is tender and tasty!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp all spices
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used avocado oil) + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp rum or vanilla (I used rum)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely grated carrots (2-3 carrots)
- 1 grated apple (I used Gala)
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnut
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and the spices).
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, the oil, the applesauce, and rum or vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the grated carrots, the grated apple, and hazelnuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Before removing the cake from the mold, let it cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Wait until it is completely cooled to taste it.
Adapted from Simply Recipes