This post is also available in: Français
This Broccoli Prosciutto Boursin Quiche is savory and so tasty with the addition of Prosciutto and Boursin cheese.
Quiche is a classic and popular main dish that French people enjoy to have on rotation during the week, for brunch, or even picnic. You can also find them easily on the menu of any Brasserie, Café Restaurant, or bakery.
It is so easy to make a quiche with anything you have in hand. Quiche is filling and satisfying with a big bowl of salad or soup (depending on the season) on the side.
For this Broccoli Prosciutto Boursin Quiche, I made an olive oil crust. This pairs nicely with this quiche and it is very quick to make. I added some Turmeric, which gives a nice color and mild aromatic flavor.
MORE IDEAS FOR SAVORY QUICHE OR TART’S RECIPES:
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Tart
- Leek and Bacon Quiche
- Classic French Tomato and Mustard Tart
- Ratatouille and Anchovy Tart
- Sardine and Eggplant Tart
- Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Tart
Broccoli Prosciutto Boursin Quiche
Homemade Olive Oil Crust:
- 250 g all-purpose four
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric (optional)
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml water
To make the quiche:
- 300 g broccoli florets frozen
- 3 thin slices Prosciutto cut crosswise into strips
- 100 g Boursin Garlic and fine herbs
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 50 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ¼ cup parmesan or Pecorino Romano grated
- Lightly grease a tart pan (11-inch).
To make the homemade Olive Oil Pie Crust:
- In a food processor, add the flour, salt, and Turmeric or Herbs de Provence. Pulse it to sift.
- Pour the olive oil and water in and pulse a few times until the mixture just barely forms a dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and a rolling pin. Roll out the dough and precisely fit it in a tart pan (11 inches). Poke the dough all over with a fork. Then put the pie in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
To make the quiche filling:
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add some olive oil. When hot, add the broccoli. Cook until softened.
- Put the Boursin in a small bowl and mash it with a fork.
- In another medium bowl, add the eggs, milk, cream, and mashed Boursin. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well everything with a fork. Set aside.
- Take your tart pan from the fridge. Sprinkle grated parmesan all over the bottom. Put the broccoli florets evenly. Distribute pieces of Prosciutto all around the tart.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the tart.
- Bake at 400 F for about 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown.