Brioche is a pastry that reminds me of the one that my father made us during a celebration or family reunion, and we ate it with pleasure as a dessert or a snack.
This recipe is not the one of my father, but it is an easy one for beginners, like me, to start with. This brioche does not contain too much fat, which I like. I took the recipe from B comme Bon.
- 500 g (3 ¼ cup) flour
- 90 g (½ cup) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- 200 ml milk ( I had some leftover of almond milk (1 cup) that I used for this recipe. It didn't change the taste at all)
- 150 g (10.5 tbsp) butter (I recommend Plugra for this recipe)
- pearl sugar
- In a mixer bowl, add all ingredients except butter. Knead on low speed for 10 minutes.
- Then add the soft butter diced until the dough pulls away from the bowl (expect a good 15 minutes).
- Cover the bowl and place it in a warm place. Let the dough double in volume (this will take around 2 hours (it depends on the ambient temperature)) ... so be patient! ... Avoid air currents ...
- Once the dough is well raised , place the dough on your work surface floured beforehand. Shape your cake as you like (a braided crown, into molds). For doing that cut the dough into several pieces and shape them with the palm of your hands. Let it rise again for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 360 F. Brush the brioche with an egg beaten, mixed with 1 teaspoon of water (to make smoothing the egg yolk easier). Sprinkle some pearl sugar all over the dough.
- Put in the oven for about twenty minutes, a little more if you chose to make a big bun (mine took 40 min).
- Your brioche should be golden brown ... Remove from oven and unmold if needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Ok,,, the best ever recipe.
This brioche is sooo nice.
My family and friends still keep talking about it since 2 weeks now.
First time i did just as your recipe.
Socoondtime. My blossom water finished. So i had to use roze water.
I added also vanilla to the dough.
And inside of each lenght i put marzipan.
On top chreeded almond and cardamom powder. Ohhhh maaan that was nizzzeee. I will see if i can send u pic.
Any way.. Thank u alot for recipe.
Great! Thank you for your feedback I am really glad that you enjoyed this recipe.