I found this recipe of Avocanana Bread on a pack of avocados and was curious to try it.
Avocanana Bread is the combination of avocado and a classic banana bread. A part of oil or butter is substituted with creamy avocado, which makes a delicious and moist treat with good fats.
My family really enjoys this healthy alternative. If you have a picky kid, you do not need to tell them the ingredients.
Avocanana bread is a great start for breakfast, tea time or snack.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and coarsely mashed
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Scoop the avocado and mashed it lightly in a large bowl. Add oil and brown sugar. Mix with an electric until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add eggs in one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in bananas and dry ingredients until blended. Then add walnuts and buttermilk until it is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 depending on your oven. Check at the last minute with a toothpick.