Asian Fried Rice is a convenient and complete dish that I like to make from time to time. It is perfect for using leftover rice.
Asian Fried Rice is a versatile dish because you can use any vegetables that you like or have in your fridge such as leeks, carrots, sweet peas, corn, red or green peppers, mushrooms… I like to use sometimes instead of bacon, sausages, shrimps, chicken, or beef.
You can substitute rice by quinoa it is delicious too!
Asian Fried Rice
- 4 - 5 cup cold cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 garlic
- ½ leek or 1 onion
- ½ cup sweet peas
- 1 red pepper
- sesame seeds (optional)
- soy sauce
- chives or scallions
- Finely cut the leek in thin strips, red peppers in cubes, bacon in little pieces. Crushed the garlic.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
- In a big skillet or wok, heat oil and put the eggs. Cook quickly while stirring when the eggs are cook put aside in a plate.
- Heat the pan again and put the bacon, then add the garlic, leek, red pepper, and sweet peas. Let cook until tender. Add grated ginger.
- Add the cooked rice and scrambled eggs, mixing together with two wood spatulas on high heat so as to cut the scrambled eggs in pieces.
- When everything is almost well mixed, add a splash of soy sauce and cook for two more minutes. Mix well. Taste and add more soy sauce if you like.
- Add chives or scallions, sesame seeds, and serve.