These Apricot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are really addictive. Each time I made them (for school, neighbors, and my husband’s co-workers), I always get compliments. People ask me all the time about this little dried fruit that are inside. Apparently they are not familiar with dried apricot, but everyone like this little sweet-tangy taste and bright color.
These cookies are soft and chewy and oatmeal gives a nice texture we love.
I chose this recipe from http://www.closetcooking.com but I made a little twist with the chocolate. For my taste, I prefer to use dark chocolate instead of white chocolate (which I found is too sugary and fatty).
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (chopped in 4)
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Add the rolled oats, apricots, and chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet place parchment paper and add one tablespoon at a time of dough.
- Bake in a oven for 8 to 10 minutes.