I really have a fondness for any kind of apple-based desserts and this Apple Yogurt Cake is really easy to make.
It contains three ingredients that I love to use (apples, yogurt, and olive oil) which make a healthy and delicious moist cake fit for any time of day.
- 2 organic apples (I like Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious)
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml plain yogurt
- 80 ml olive oil
- 250 g flour (or 200 g flour + 50 g almond flour)
- 125 g cane sugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven at 380 F.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil.
- In another bowl mix the flour, the baking powder, and sugar. Then add the liquid mix from the other bowl and mix just enough to blend the flour.
- Peel (if it is not organic) and core the apples, and chop into chunks about ½-inch across. Add them to the batter and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a buttered round cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 min depending on your oven or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the cake cool on a rack before removing from the cake pan.